It’s fitting for our business that 2018 is the year of the dog in the Chinese zodiac – the dog, this year, is the Earth element. As an Earth Dog year, we should expect groundedness, action, and regeneration. It’s especially symbolic for us as we embark on yet another rebranding journey.
Why are we rebranding?
When I start thinking about all the things that need to change to make our business fluid again, I ask myself this same question with frustration. The answer is simple: We now know where we want to go and who we want to serve. Our goal is to make our business more directed and focused on the beauty of the bath. Our aim is to simplify with a targeted focus on calm.
Why change our name?
Our previous names are really all part of our evolution. We started as “Candle Moments” in 2015 when we only made candles, then we evolved to “Bath, Body, Candle Moments” when we started incorporating the cosmetic aspect of our business, but our tagline has always been “Scents the Moment.” Interestingly enough, we always felt “Scents the Moment” was a much clearer representation of who we are: Creating scents for moments to make you sense the moment.
Can you explain the new logo?
We actually loved our previous logo, but not quite like this one which captures the full essence of our new name, but also incorporates the Tree of Life. The Tree of Life is symbolic of our business, and hopefully resonates with our customers, in several ways:
- The Tree of Life represents our connectedness to Mother Earth and all of her creatures.
- It demonstrates our love, honor, and respect for all life forms as a dedicated vegan company.
- It symbolizes the beginning of humanity and how we, as humans, all share moments or experiences that transcend time and space.
What should customers expect during this transition?
During this transition to a new name, new logo, and new packaging, please expect the following:
- Delayed shipping times as we’re spending more time on graphic design work.
- More items being sold out for longer periods of time. As we build to create new packaging, our goal is to minimize our in-stock inventory – so, we won’t be adding new products until the others are sold.
- Old labels, business cards, and business literature. Most of these items were purchased previously in major bulk, and since our contact information has remained the same, we’re trying to reduce our carbon footprint by not throwing away all of the old marketing material.
- New packaging, eventually.
- Some downtime on the website as we work to update and upgrade.
- Outdated photographs of items until we get new photographs with our new packaging.
What if I am having a hard time adjusting to this change?
If there is anything we can do to make adjusting to our new business roll-out easier, please feel free to contact me by email at email@example.com.