I am always so excited when I get the opportunity to handcraft custom candles for party favors. It means that I get to be a part of someone’s wedding, shower, birthday party, bat mitzvah (to name a few we’ve done) in a little way. I have the privilege and honor of creating something uniquely beautiful for a person’s special celebration. I don’t take that responsibility lightly; I am distinctly aware of the necessity of perfect presentation for favors. While I make favors from a number of our products, I always feel that candles are extra special.
- The customer has the choice in the jar, fragrance, and label, which makes the customization process distinctly unique for every customer. Even if your friend gave candles for her shower, your candles will look and smell completely different based on your specific tastes.
- Everyone likes candles! Candles are found in 70% of American homes, which means your guests are sure to be satisfied by receiving a candle.
- Candles have a quick turn-around time. You can give a meaningful, handcrafted favor and not have to wait weeks for it to cure. Candles can be poured and ready in days (depending on how many you need).
- “Dr. Alan Hirsch of Chicago’s Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation explains the draw of scented candles. ‘”When you collect candles,” he says, “you aren’t just collecting the smell of the candle, you are also collecting the emotion of the experience when you first created the memory associated with the candle’s scent”‘ (“America’s Burning Love for Candles,” The Week).
- “Candle purchasers say they view candles as an appropriate gift for the holidays (76%), as a housewarming gift (74%), a hostess/dinner party gift (66%), a thank you (61%) and as adult birthday gifts (58%)” (“Candle Facts & Figures,” National Candle Association).
- A typical 8oz candle will burn for 40-50 hours (when burned correctly). With the average person burning a candle for less than 4 hours at a time, your guests will enjoy their gift for weeks.
- Candles don’t expire. Your guests can keep the covers on their candles and keep the candle fresh for as long as they want without needing to worry about storage.
- Candles are timeless. People have been burning candles for thousands of years. Giving the favor of a candle is classic and will always be in style.
The next time you’re hosting a party, consider a customized candle as a favor for a sure-fire way to please your guests.