While I encourage everyone to practice gratitude every day, Thanksgiving is specially set aside for us to give thanks, appreciate, and fill our hearts with graciousness for what we have. On this Thanksgiving, I would like to share little moments of gratitude that I have for 2017, hoping it will bring you joy and help you to remember the little moments, too.
I am thankful for…
- Lucy, our little, mushy, sweet-as-pie pittie. Something about her caught Frank’s eye, and he knew she was meant to be with us. We’ve had a few rough moments – like when she ripped up our brand new carpet or chewed up $600 worth of sea sponges, but the joy she has brought to our lives will always outweigh those moments. Her happy little tail, how she purrs like a cat and snorts like a piggy, how she is such a good girl and always sits for her treats. She’s the little lady of our house and I can’t even remember life without her.
- A VERY successful first annual Holiday Shopping at the Hilton event! My team and I spent nearly a year planning this shopping event, trying to make the best show possible for vendors and shoppers alike, and with nearly 700 visitors, it was clearly a huge success. I am so grateful, and looking forward to future Vine events!
- My amazing and loyal customers who shop with our small business, who support our shows, who spent all night voting for us as the best online shop in Staten Island (even though we didn’t win). Our customers are the most genuine, sincere, thoughtful people in this whole world. I would be NOTHING without them, especially my VIPs!
- Being invited to speak at Maker Mastermind for the Indie Business Network and the Evolution of Marketing seminar with the Small Business Development Center. It has been just such an honor to help other makers and entrepreneurs grow!
- My friends and family who are just so supportive of any wacky idea I come up with. I may be the luckiest person on the planet because I have just a strong, willing, and loving support network. Especially my parents, Aunt, and grandmother, who make every effort to come to every show.
- My students who bring me joy, laughter, inquiry, and intellect every single day.
- My Principal, Mark, who is always encouraging me to grow and giving me opportunities to become the best self, understanding I will bring that to my classroom.
- Handwritten notes from my friends Pam and John. Always random, these little moments of finding notes in my mailbox bring me joy and fill my heart with love.
- My Vine Vendor Network family who has taught me so much about what a true team looks like. Especially Sandra, RoseMary, and Brooke.
- My friend Jackie who is my biggest cheerleader, one of my closest friends, and always working to help me improve.
- The Thankful Candle! Because it took FOREVER to find the perfect ripe cranberry fragrance that I absolutely love!
- My consultant Barbara, who believed so much in my mission for Bath, Body, Candle Moments that she took the dive to become our Hawaii consultant! (Go shop with her!)
- For everyone who takes the time to read my blog posts!
- For my morning gigantic coffee, which has picked me up, comforted me and been there through all the roughest alarms.
- And my amazing husband, Frank, who is my rock, my soul, the love of my life.
On this Thanksgiving, I wish you all moments of love, happiness, comfort, relaxation, and joy. From our family to yours!