Your money is incredibly important. Not as important as your health, happiness, family, or friends, of course, but it’s up there. We get that. It means you worked hard to earn it and you chose our products to spend it on. It’s a responsibility we don’t take lightly. So when you make a purchase from us, we understand what that means.
We want you to take a trip with your dollar from the moment you spend it with us. It has many possible paths, and often divided amongst the crowd, but we want you to know where your money is going and what that means to us.
In no particular order, this is where your money travels:
- To rescuing animals. Our mission and passion have always been living a cruelty-free lifestyle, but we like to put our money where our mouth is, and we support animal rescue organizations. So, your dollar could be feeding or fostering your future furry family member right now!
- To the government. We pay for certifications and licenses to ensure our business practice is legal, safe, and following protocol. We also pay our taxes!
- To our insurance. We want to make sure you always feel safe and secure (and we want to feel safe and secure) so we carry liability insurance.
- To our lawyers. We’re always trying to do the right thing in the right way and that costs mucho moola.
- To our photographer. We like to pay for pretty product photography because we’re not very good at it. We don’t mind – our photographer, Bryan Maes of Inspiration Studios – is another small business owner in New York, and we like to support local business.
- To our suppliers of raw materials. We’re very careful about our suppliers to ensure we stay compliant with our Leaping Bunny certification, so we choose only the most reputable suppliers with the highest-quality ingredients available.
- To Kristen’s classroom. I’m a teacher by day and I often need some extra supplies to make my classroom fun and functional. I use extra spending money from our business to fund my class ideas.
- To research and development. We test all of our products and formulations profusely before putting it to market, and buying supplies for that can get quite costly.
- To fund free shipping. We’re proud to offer free shipping on orders over $49, and we use our profits to pay for that shipping.
- To book vendor events. Maybe we event met you from one of our vendor events? Getting out there and into the community is so important to us. We get to know who you are, what your needs are, and what you care about.
- To pay for our website. Our website costs include a monthly fee as well as a per-transaction fee. To keep everything functioning, we need to pay the web company. We also occasionally pay for some design help through Dean Pagliaro of eCommerceDean – another local small business!
- To pay for our first home. We purchased our first home in August 2016 and we’re so thankful for your support which helped us get there. We’re now able to have a dedicated lab and office to run our business right from our home.
- To community fundraisers. We often donate funds or goods for local schools or not-for-profit organizations looking to fundraise for their cause.
When you make a purchase from us, your dollars travel far and wide, and often right back into your goods and your community.
Thank you for being our customers!