Valentine’s Day celebrates love, romance, and all the feel-goods of being in a relationship. But there are so many more relationships to celebrate than just the romantic ones! Some of the most powerful relationships we develop in our lives are the ones with our girlfriends. These are the people we rely on to gripe, to celebrate, to share secrets, to seek advice, and so much more. In this blog post, I will offer you some ideas to turn this Valentine’s Day into a Girlfriend’s Day!
- Send your best girlfriend a Valentine’s Day card. A simple sentiment letting your best girl know how much she means to you. Write an anecdote about a shared moment that made you both laugh your socks off.
- Have a dinner party where your girlfriends all come over to cook together, or each one brings a specialty dish. Get a bottle of wine (or more) and celebrate each other’s company. Turn the moments of cooking and sharing into another lasting memory.
- Host a shopping party with us! You get to spend time with all of your favorite girlfriends while earning rewards. You can try products, share, laugh, and create moments of joy! Have friends across the country? Have a Facebook party and bond with all of your friends no matter where they are.
- Go to a Paint Night together. These are SO much fun! You get to learn how to paint, show off your skills, have a drink, be creative, and best of all, spend time with your girlfriends.
- Do a secret gift swap! You can use a cool program like DrawNames.com to create a secret gift exchange. Then set a limit, like $20-$30, and send your secret friend a Valentine’s Day gift that you design to make her day brighter.
- Make a book club together. With the use of Facebook groups, it’s so easy to create a group that all of your girlfriends can join. Pick a book that you’ll all read together, set a deadline, and have discussions in the group about what you’re reading together. You can use the group on Valentine’s Day to chat about the book! Better yet, you can hop on Facebook Live to chat about it.
What moments can you create to make a perfect Valentine’s Day Girlfriend’s Day?