What is jojoba oil?
Jojoba (purported ho-HO-ba) oil is a herbal concentrate of the seed of the jojoba tree (Simmondsia chinenis). Technically speaking, it is not really an oil, but instead a wax ester. Why do we give it a second thought? Since out of the majority of the mixes in nature, this wax ester is the most like human skin oil (sebum). It is speculated that applying jojoba to the skin can “trick” the skin into believing it is delivering enough oil, therefore balancing face oil production. Jojoba oil is non-comedogenic, which means that it is specially formulated so as not to cause blocked pores.
Advantages of Jojoba Oil
- Because it’s concentrated, it won’t evaporate.
- It is speculated, however not yet demonstrated, that in light of the fact that jojoba oil is so like human skin oil, it can “trap” the skin into supposing it has delivered enough oil and in this manner parity oil generation.
- Extremely steady – Jojoba has a very long shelf life and resists rancidity.
- It’s very light and easily absorbed into the skin.
- The natural assortment is free of pesticides, GMOs, and is reasonably cultivated.
- Jojoba oil moisturizes the hair, adds nutrients, and stimulates the scalp.
Because of the value of Jojoba Oil, and the difficulty in sourcing it, Jojoba Oil can be very expensive. Consider looking for products which already use Jojoba Oil as you continue a journey to a more natural, healthier beauty routine.
The Triple Scrubby can be found at Candle Moments’ website, or it can be purchased at I Heart Dancewear, our Retail Partner.