Let’s talk about the facts of candle purchases in the United States. According to The National Candle Association (NCA), “Manufacturer surveys show that 90% of all candles are purchased by women.” While this fact may not be surprising, it’s certainly one that needs to change. Guys – you need candles, and here’s why:
- Once again, according to the NCA, “Candle purchasers say they view candles as an appropriate gift for the holidays (76%), as a house warming gift (74%), a hostess/dinner party gift (66%), a thank you (61%) and as adult birthday gifts (58%).” That means if you’re fighting the clock for a perfect gift, purchasing a candle is an appropriate and appreciated way out of the grind. You can never go wrong by giving a candle as a gift.
- The NCA states: “Nine out of ten candle users say they use candles to make a room feel comfortable or cozy.” If you have a living space, you want it to be cozy. If you’re having people over, you want it to be comfortable. Lighting a candle can make game-day much more livable; you can even enhance the moment with a beer-scented candle like Tailgating. Here’s a photo taken by Jessica Clark, a Candle Moments fan, explaining how the guys in her family light up Chill Out when watching the game! (See it on our Facebook page.)
- Candles are romantic; there’s no denying it. They’re practically made to “set-the-mood.” In all seriousness, they create an ambiance that shows you’re detail-oriented, and nothing is more romantic than a guy who pays attention to the little things.
- Fragrance candles smell awesome. Guys wear cologne, use deodorant, and splash after-shave, why wouldn’t you want your space to smell fantastic?
- Candles are an affordable luxury which make a personal statement. The scent, color, and container you choose all identify who you are. It’s an inexpensive way to show people your personality.
- Whether you’ve been at work all day, lifting like a champ at the gym, or destroying enemies in Call of Duty – Life is stressful. The calming light and soothing aromatherapy of a quality candle can calm the mind and soothe the spirit.
- Candles are a classic necessity. Much like a ’57 Chevy, or the original Star Wars Trilogy, candles have been inspiring guys since the dawn of time.
- Candles use fire, and fire is awesome. Since Prometheus gave man fire, man has dominated Earth. Maybe you can’t have a bonfire giving great praise to Hephaestus right now, but you can enjoy one of nature’s greatest gifts to man in a jar.
We’re super interested in hearing why guys love and need candles, too. Please share your thoughts!